I'll be traveling to the Oceanic region from February 15th thru March 6th. The path goes like this: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Auckland, Rotorua. This is an account of my adventures should I choose to become an illegal immigrant and never return. Wish me luck.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I missed the bus


So today we're going to the Blue Mountains about two hours outside Sydney. Unfortunetly we missed the train by about five minutes. So I've got an hour to burn. Anyway we had an awesome day yesterday! We did a 5 mile walk around all of Sydney's nicest beaches(the Cogee to Bondi walk.) It was unbelieveable. I've been to a lot of beaches around the world, but this stretch takes the cake. And the end stop Bondi, Sydney's most well known beach has everything. Perfect sand, beautiful people, breathtaking views from the cliffs, and amazing surf. After that we went across the street from Bondi and found a Burrito shop. We've both been craving Mexican, and go figure that's the only food the Aussies haven't figured out. But this place changed my option. Imagine Chipotle, but about 50 percent bigger! It was, to say the least, and oral orgasim. We sat next to a guy from Milwakee that has been working here for two years. He convince Pete and I we could get work visas with our skill set. Hmmmm. They are having such an economic boom that they don't have enough people to fill the jobs. They litrally need bodies! We finally got back after dark, completely drained from the sun, but that wouldn't stop us. We showered up and went for the must have night shots of Sydney Harbor. Pete knew a Ukranian guy here who was nice enough to drive us around and show us all the best views of the Harbor that only the locals know. Oh and we saw Heath Ledger's house on the beach today too. I guess he just bought it recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home