I'll be traveling to the Oceanic region from February 15th thru March 6th. The path goes like this: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Auckland, Rotorua. This is an account of my adventures should I choose to become an illegal immigrant and never return. Wish me luck.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Meatpies Rule

I am completely exhausted. We packed a weeks vacation in Sydney into
the past 48 hours. Right now I'm waiting at the Brisbane airport for a
bus to byrons bay which we didn't know we were going to until a few
days ago. Apparently its brillant tha. I'm starting to speak
Australian and I can't stop it. When I set something down I go "all
right then" and when I run into someone I go "sorry then" and I have
to go "top off" my wireless soon. So anyway a day ago or two or
something we got up and to a train to the blue mountains. Pete and u r
bot good planners so we missed the train and had to wait awhile. Once
we got out there I could believe the scope. Pete and I opted out of
the main tourists route and when on a bushwack of our own along the
edge of the mountains. It was so cool. We were pretty much on our own
for the most brillant views of the forest.

Later we got back to the city and met up with some of Pete s Uke
friends. They got us on the guest list to one of sydney's hottest
clubs and we parties tip around 4am. So we get out and walk home and
the streets are still insanely packed with people! I've never seen a
US city that crazy at 4am well maybe vegas. So yeah Sydney is frickin
huge. I can't wrap my head around it. But I'm glad we got out it was
draining me. In fact we're both really drained. And ready for thus
hippie commune we are about to arrive at. Oh yesterday was crazy to
we took a ferry out of the Sydney harbor to this awesome beach called
mainly. On our way back I fell asleep. I wake up and Peres gone and
everyone on the ferry, maybe a thousand, is trying to see out the
sides. In panicing because I think we hit an iceberg when I finally
get a look I see avoid a thousand boat swirling around the harbor
watching these two huge oceanliners crossing paths for the first time
in history. Apparently this is a really big deal here because there
was probably 500000 people watching along the Sydney shore. And what
dumb luck pete and I are on a ferry that past right between the
cruiseships. Our ferry is on the front page of the newspaper. Search
Sydney harbor and queen Elizabeth 2 for the pictures. Truly amazing.
So we're done being touristy now time to be all hippy an shit. The
best surfers in the world are in Byron bay right now for a competition
do its gonna be a crazy party. They gave teepees you cab stay in at
our next hostel. I should have some good stories later. Leave a
comment on here if your reading any of these. I'm trying to email
everyone but very short on Internet time. Cheers

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE MEAT PIES! ! ! ! I just found a great Aussie deli here in ATL but I swear they are so much better there.

Am so jealous you are there. You'll have fun in Byron's Bay, there's some mad surfies there.

Have a blast for me!

Tom's Co-worker, Kat

February 26, 2008 at 6:04 AM

 
Blogger Liz said...

Eff koala bears!! There's so much more to Australia that I could have imagined. Thanks for keeping us Yanks up to speed on your adventures. The pics are great - Will the Aussies hold Ryan captive? Stay tuned...

Liz :)

February 26, 2008 at 6:53 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Vern:

I swear on everything that is holy, that if you come back smelling like patchulli and telling me that you're gonna follow Phil Lesh and the freinds of the Dead, around the world, I'm gonna punch you right in the baby maker. I know you haven't worked in almost two weeks, but that doesn't give you the right to become a hippie -- stay with me big cat and don't get sucked in.

Sounds like you guys are doing it right though. I can't wait to hear the "Real" version of how your vacation went! (Just kidding Nikki).

Tell Pistol I said wud up, and we'll be out in LA soon to rock out. On a side note, I turned the heat back down to freezing and disconnected the TV. I'm having a hard time remembering if I turned off the space heater though...

Rock out Boys!!!!!

Pancho from Saltillo MX

February 26, 2008 at 3:53 PM

 
Blogger ZO said...

Ha Ha, I just read Brett's post and almost pee'd all over myself. However, I do agree that you better not become a hippee, Dooch. Seriously, if he and I have to come down, there's gonna be a Doochay Beatnik Beatdown. You would do well to remember that, my friend. Besides, hippees don't use iPhones!

February 27, 2008 at 3:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZO has an excellent point, hippies don't use iPhones! Which means you will have no choice but to send me yours...don't worry I will send you photos of us together....me and the iPhone that is ;)

February 28, 2008 at 4:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home